A sight test is a vital health check for your eyes that can pick up early signs of eye conditions before you’re aware of any symptoms. Looking after your eyes can also have positive benefits for your general health as sight tests can detect serious yet treatable conditions, including:
- Glaucoma – is caused by excessive pressure behind the eye. There are often no symptoms until well developed and, without treatment, can result in tunnel vision and even blindness.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – is a complication of diabetes and the leading cause of blindness in under 65 year olds. There are no symptoms in the early stages and, if left untreated, a partial then total loss of vision may occur.
- Cataracts – are caused by cloudy patches in the lens. Symptoms include blurred or misty vision which will worsen if not attended to. A simple operation can remove the cataract and restore good vision..
- Macular Degeneration – occurs when the macula, the part of the eye responsible for central and detailed vision, is unable to function properly. There are often no symptoms until well developed and it may result in damage to your central vision.
- Screen Fatigue – describes blurred, irritated eyes and headaches caused by excessive computer use. Simple steps can prevent or reduce symptoms.
Poor vision is not inevitable as you get older. Schedule regular sight tests with us to give yourself the best chance of keeping your eyes healthy.